Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Matthew 15:1-9


Post by Amy Whiting

READ IT HERE

I am a stickler for Sanitarium Crunchy Peanut Butter on toast. I know it is more expensive and people tell me that you can’t tell the difference between that and cheaper brands. But you can. One Saturday morning as a special treat I toasted my white bread to perfection, lovingly lathered it in butter and covered it with just the right amount of peanut butter. Taking it to the table I sat down with great anticipation of the moment of sinking my teeth into perfection on toast. Only to be reviled by an imposter. The texture was wrong, it was oily yet dry and I’m not convinced the chunks were peanuts. I checked the jar – the label said Sanitarium...but I know for sure it wasn’t. Mum later admitted that she found an imitator brand on special and thought we would never know...And this I think is the worst thing – if it wasn’t in the Sanitarium jar I wouldn’t of expected Sanitarium goodness – and this is Jesus’ point – it is far more devastating for the people around us when our label says one thing and our substance is another...

These people make a big show of saying the right thing,
but their heart isn't in it.
They act like they're worshiping me,
but they don't mean it.
They just use me as a cover
for teaching whatever suits their fancy."

No comments:

Post a Comment